Thursday, August 23, 2012

Family Reunion

My plan for the next couple of days is to do summer updates.  We have been crazy busy this summer and I haven't had time to blog about it.  So I'm going to start with a little family reunion we had at the end of July.  Originally the plan was for all of us to head over to Vancouver area to visit my brothers family.  But then my super talented sister-in-law got a job painting the temple in Calgary.  So it was decided that since Candise wasn't going to be home what is the point in going?  I'm sure she completely agrees with me on that!  :)  Anyways, my brother brought the kids over here, and we all headed up to Edmonton instead.    We had a couple of great days at the mall.  Unfortunately we also had a few sick people as well.  Caleb was sick the whole time running a fever, so I got to hang out with him a lot in the hotel room - but I also got to get in some fun time as well at the mall!  And then My brothers family (the one traveling from Vancouver) all got sick as well.  So a couple of them had to miss out on the second day of the mall.
I loved being able to see them all.  And we got to meet Brody for the first time - and he is such a cutie!

The first day we went to Galaxyland.  Here are some of the boys on the ship ride, one of the favourites.   
 Kevin and Brody on the carousel. 
 This ride turned into being one of Braidens favourites   I was a little nervous when he told me he wanted to go on this ride, but then he just kept going back for more.  It was great to see Braiden go on so many rides that he wouldn't before.  It definitely helped having older cousins there to go on the rides with.  He became much braver with them.
 Candise,Brody, Caleb and I on the ever exciting train.  I got to ride that one a few times....
 The girls on the bumper cars - I'm pretty sure Skylar was very happy to have some girl cousins to play with.
 This was my kind of ride that day - Caleb gets to go on all the best ones!  

The next day we headed to the waterpark - well most of us did.  Caleb only lasted a little while, so I made the most of what time I had.  
Playing in the waves - my favourite part.
 Braiden and Zack lined up for some water slides.  Again Braiden did slides that he wouldn't do before. 
 Braiden getting ready to go on a slide.  This is one that I wouldn't go on!  Tyson tried to get me to go, but I was to chicken.
 Tyson went on the crazy loop slide!  I am amazed that he did this.  There is no way I would have done it - WAY to chicken for that one.
 Here is the loop slide that he did with the rest of the guys.
 At the end of the long tiring day.  Some very tired boys.
 Surfer

I have a couple videos of the slides from that day.  The first one is of Braiden, and the second is of Braiden and Zack.  Looks like they are loven it!

One of these days we are actually going to get to Vancouver.  We have attempted a couple of times, and something always happens and we never make it.  Hope they don't give up on us!  Those couple of days were so much fun.  Love spending time with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment