Sunday, June 12, 2011

Coal Miner Days

So this weekend was Coal Miner Days in Sparwood. For some reason we have never gone, I'm guessing that Blaine probably has always worked during them. But this year we decided to check it out. It was a lot of fun. Blaines sister and her family and also Blaines brother came down to check it out with us. I'm glad they came!


I forgot to take any pictures during the parade, so I made Braiden show me the goods he got from it - Just so I could take a picture of the "parade". He can be such a great kid - I'm sure he's thinking he'd much rather be eating the candy than standing around waiting for me to take a picture. haha But I must say the kids got a ton of candy! And doesn't that always mean that the parade was awesome? I think so!
This was also Calebs first parade. I kept trying to be the good mom and cover his ears when the fire trucks and other vehicles would put on their sirens - and he just kept getting mad at me. I guess he wanted the full experience!



After the parade we went down to the kids games. The kids seemed to really like it. Of course the highlight is always the bouncy castles.


I'm glad that we went this year - rain and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment