Thursday, November 8, 2012

PARTY!!!

This year for Braidens birthday he decided he wanted a birthday/halloween party.   So we started planning.  I have to say that I was actually nervous about it.  I have never planned a party at the house before, we have always done low-key things, or taken some friends out bowling - things like that.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be very good at this.  We told Braiden he could invite 7 friends since he was turning 7; and my parents came as well and my brother and his family.  It actually turned out really well.  And I have to say that I am so glad for the extra helping hands since Caleb was a little wary about what was going on (and all the kids running around) that he wanted to be held a lot. 

Here is the birthday boy before people arrived 

Here are some of the decorations for the party.  We had to go and get quite a lot of halloween stuff.  By planning this party we realized that we really don't decorate for this holiday very much.  We really didn't have anything.  

The gift bags for the kids at the end of the party.  I loved these!
 Seeing as it was also a halloween party we had everyone dress up.  Doesn't Blaine make an awesome Ernie?  haha   He decided to work his costume with Caleb who was Elmo this year.  He really wanted me to do the Bert and Ernie thing, but I guess I was a party pooper.  I ended up dressing up as a witch.

Once everyone got here we got the games going.  We hung donuts from the ceiling fan and had people try and eat them with no hands.  It was actually pretty funny to watch.

The adults had to get in the games as well.  What was so funny was that as people were trying to get the donuts the fan would start turning and everyone would end up having to chase the donuts down as well.  It was hilarious to watch.  Blaine said it reminded him of horses being led by carrots.

Some more donut chasing.
 One of Braidens favourite games it one that we always played on Christmas at my Grandma and Grandpa Wildes house.  The one where you wrap up a present a whole bunch of times.  And you are madly trying to unwrap it while the next person rolls the dice to get a six, so that it becomes their turn. Braiden asked if we could play that game so of course we did.  Blaine even found skeleton gloves to use.  (you gotta always put on gloves to play - I think my grandma also had us put on the toque and scarf as well)

Caleb checking it all out.  He really wanted to get into the dice game.

Braiden chowing down on some good food.  We had mummy pizzas and halloween cupcakes.  


The party ended up being really fun, and it seemed as though everyone had a great time.  I hope they did.  After everyone went home we had to have some extra fun here.  We ended up keeping the three cousins over night.  We had an awesome time.  We played just dance 4 and watched halloween movies - cartoon ones.  I wasn't into giving anyone nightmares.  It was a really great day.  I had to get a video of the guys dancing.  I love the way Zack really gets into it - too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Great party Tonya!! Looks like so much fun!! I'm sure I will have a similar theme in coming years with Kallum's birthday being so close to Halloween. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete