Monday, October 15, 2012

planning ahead


Something that I have to do everyday that I'm not a huge fan of doing is making supper.  It is one of those things that I just really don't enjoy doing; and what I actually dislike even more is the whole "what am I going to make for supper tonight?" which always happens around 4:00.  Awhile ago my oh-so-awesome Aunt Ros had posted about how she had made some freezer meals for the week and how easy it was to do.  I have done this before, but the last time I did it was right before I was about to have Caleb, and I did about 7 or so.... I think....  So anyways, I decided that I was going to plan out a day and get a whole months worth in the freezer.  

So I sat down at the computer and found a bunch of recipes, went shopping then got to work.  My original plan was to make 30 meals.  After searching my brain and the internet for meals I ended up with 26, and I figured that was just going to have to do because I really was sick of searching.  
It was awesome.  I made sure that Blaine was home so that I didn't have to worry about the kids, and I have to put in a bit of praise in for my amazing hubby.  He made sure that I barely even saw the kids, and that I was able to just concentrate on getting my stuff done.  I couldn't have done any of it without him, that's for sure.     

Here is a pic of most of the meals I made.  I only had 6 left to do!

I love that all I have to do now is go into the freezer the night before and pick what we are going to have for supper the next day.  
I already have it planned to do another freezer meal day next month and this time it's gonna be with my mom.  Best idea ever!!

** As a side note - while I was doing the cooking I remembered that my sis-in-law did this once a while ago.  I probably should have talked to her before doing this... next time I'll be calling you Candise!

1 comment:

  1. I so need to do this myself Tanya but I never think to do it in large volumes. Looks like you got done a ton of food. What did you end up making?

    ReplyDelete