Friday, August 26, 2011

Think happy thoughts

One of my all-time favourite things to do is to go hiking. I LOVE IT. Last summer Blaine and I did a whole weekend of hiking and that's while I was prego and feeling so sick, but I was determined to go. It was just the two of us so we were able to do longer hikes that we wouldn't have taken Braiden on. I had a blast! Well I've been feeling a little sorry for myself since we had not gone at all this summer. So the other day we loaded up the little kidlets and headed off to fernie. It was great. We didn't do a long hike or anything, but just being out there was all that I needed. We all had a great time, the boys really liked it. Now I just have to squeeze in a bike trip to fernie and my summer will be complete!
Here we are just setting out. Can you feel the excitement?
Out by the lake
Look at that bald cutie! He loved it as well. The whole time he just smiled and laughed, and was constantly looking around. I believe I've found my kindred spirit! haha The only timed he cried was when we took him out of the backpack at the end. He was mad at us! I understood where he was coming from, I hated to go as well. It was a great time.
Yesterday was Blaines last day off this set and we just wanted to go somewhere. So again we packed up the kids and took off down to the states. We just went to Kalispell and Columbia Falls. Okay, so here is where I had to start thinking happy thought. Although the day had it's great and really fun moments, there was definitely more than it's share of "will this day ever end" moments as well. I told Blaine that I'm going to just have to remember the day as an awesome one, because I love being with my fam, and I do want to keep going on little trips like this. So Blaine and I agreed to only think happy thoughts about the day so that we don't run and scream when we decide to do this again. Isn't ignorance bliss? I believe so! Here a few moments of happy from the day - I'll spare you the rough patches.
Us at the maze. This was the only pic Braiden would look at me for... again happy thoughts!
This is how Caleb does the maze.
I love this picture.
Haven' some fun on the bumper boats
And some very serious racing.
Again I have to leave things off with a classic Braiden photo. I love this kid, he is so crazy.
We do have a great time together. Even with the rough spots I wouldn't trade any of it for anything!

1 comment: